QuickBooks is a widely used accounting software and has an enormous user base with multiple thriving features. Users can avail these features and new improvements and launches whenever they try to update QuickBooks software. One of the most common queries is ‘How to update QuickBooks Desktop,’ In this blog, you will learn to do so along with some additional tips and elaborated guidance.
If you are a new user and do not want to engage yourself in these technical complexities, then you can contact the leading QuickBooks team of experts at 1.855.738.2784, and they will assist you with all kinds of QuickBooks-bound technical tasks.
How to update the QuickBooks Desktop
There are multiple ways to do so, such as you can also update the QuickBooks software manually and turning on the automatic updates for this software. In both cases, the QuickBooks software will automatically be updated to the latest version. But for that, it is a prerequisite to update Microsoft Windows to its latest versions. By doing that, you increase the compatibility of QuickBooks with Windows.
- Go to the ‘Latest Version of the QuickBooks’ tab and launch the ‘file menu’ in which you must select ‘open or restore the company.’
- Then select ‘Company File’ then ‘Next.’
- Click on ‘Data File’ and open it, then transfer the Company File when that window appears. Then follow the further instructions:
- The update will read ‘Update Company File For New Version.’
- You need to insert a tick mark in the check box to symbolize that you agree to the terms and then finally click on ‘Update Now.’.
- Wait until the update is completed.
- Create a backup of the QuickBooks Company File by selecting ‘yes’ when the ‘Do you want to continue?’ question appears.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 15271
How to Manually Update The QuickBooks Software?
There are several ways to update the software that we also mentioned prior. You can turn on the automatic updates, or here is how you can update the software manually.
Steps to manually update the software:
- Close the Company file and close all the applications running in the background.
- From the ‘start’ menu, find the QuickBooks software and right-click on it.
- Then select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Navigate the ‘No company open’ window and locate and click on the ‘help’ menu.
- Select ‘Update for QuickBooks’ and tap on ‘update now’ followed by marking the ‘Reset Update Box.’
- Choose the ‘get update’ option and wait until the complete update message appears & you need to close the QuickBooks software.
- Open the QuickBooks software, and you’ll see an ‘install update’ notification.
- Click on ‘yes’ and then wait until the installation process gets completed.
- Finally, restart the system, and all the updates will be automatically installed.
This is how you can update QuickBooks desktop to the latest versions. If you have any queries or you need to avail of round-the-clock troubleshooting services, then you can contact the QuickBooks team of IT Experts at 1.855.738.2784.
Related search Terms: How to Update QuickBooks with the Latest Release, How to Upgrade my QuickBooks Software, update QuickBooks desktop, Update QuickBooks to the Newest Version
You may read also: Learn How To Rectify QuickBooks Error 6189