Out of all the errors and issues that QuickBooks users encounter from time to time, the errors that occur abruptly while performing normal tasks, frustrate the most. One such error is the QuickBooks abort error that occurs while working on QuickBooks and asks the user to abort the current task. The error can appear out of nowhere and can cause QuickBooks and Windows to become unresponsive. Thus, you need to get rid of the error immediately. If you are having trouble with this error and your QuickBooks keeps aborting, we are going to help you resolve the error in a few easy ways.
You can call us at 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate assistance from our support team if you are having difficulty performing the steps or resolving the error.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Desktop Abort Error
If your QuickBooks keeps aborting, the following reasons might be behind the issue –
- QuickBooks is unable to establish a stable connection with the company file.
- There is damage in QuickBooks installation or Windows OS.
- Your Windows is in power-saving mode and this is resulting in the QuickBooks connection has been lost error.
- You are logged in with a guest account or a normal user account, instead of a QuickBooks admin account.
- A corrupted hard drive might be making the company file inaccessible.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6123
Getting Rid of the QuickBooks Abort Error Message
To prevent the QuickBooks abort problem from re-occurring, follow these solutions –
Solution 1. Restart your Server Computer and Other Workstations
The most basic step is to perform a system restart on your server computer and workstations. This helps in getting rid of any minor bugs and issues in the system. Once done, access QuickBooks again and see if the QuickBooks abort error is eliminated.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6155
Solution 2. Access the QuickBooks Data Utility to Rebuild Damaged Company Data
If your company file is damaged, it won’t be accessible in QuickBooks and the QuickBooks company file abort error will pop up.
- Go to the QuickBooks Filemenu and open the Utilities drop-down menu to select the Verify Data
- Run the tool to perform a scan and identify any company data loss. Once done, the Rebuild Company Fileprompt will pop up.
- Select Rebuild Now and let the tool repair the data damage to your company file.
- Once you get the Rebuild Successful message, rerun QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Disable the Windows Power Saving Mode on Your Server Computer
To turn off the power saving mode and resolve the QuickBooks connection has been lost error, perform these steps
- Access the Control Panel from the Windows Startmenu and search for Power Options.
- Now, go to the Settingsmenu and disable Hibernation, Standby, and Sleep Mode.
- Lastly, check the current status of the error by accessing your QuickBooks Desktop.
The QuickBooks abort error message occurs due to a few possible factors and can be resolved by following some easy solutions. If you are unable to get rid of the error message, you can take professional help from our expert team by dialing 1.855.738.2784
You may also read: QuickBooks Error OL 301