You just brought a new laptop and switched from Mac Os to Windows. Since switching OS on a laptop isn’t as complicated as switching Os on a phone. You managed to transfer most of your data from Mac os to Windows. But no matter how hard you try you just don’t know how to import OLM files into Windows Outlook. Worry not in this article we will discuss about different methods you can use for the same to have your data transferred over to your new system.
Why Does This Happen?
You might be wondering why you can’t open the export OLM file from your Mac on your windows system even after using the same software on both systems. This is because of the way these files are stored. On a Windows system, only PST files can be used for storing data in Outlook. And on Mac OS, these files are stored as OLK files and when exported they are converted into OLM files. Even tho you can open a PST file on Mac OS to transfer data from Outlook on Windows to Outlook on Mac, opening an OLM file is not supported on Outlook for Windows. To solve this issue what we need to do is to make an email archive in OLM format from your Mac system and then import the OLM file into Windows Outlook by converting them into PST files.
How To Import Mac OLM File To Outlook for Windows?
To import OLM from one OS to the other, that is from Mac Os Outlook to Windows Outlook first we have to make an email archive on the mac system as an OLM file and then import it into Windows for Outlook by converting it into a PST file. This file can be directly imported into Outlook for Windows. To do the conversion we use a third-party tool called Mac OLM Converter developed by SysTools. We use this software to convert OLM files to PST files because Microsoft Outlook doesn’t provide an inbuilt method to import OLM files into Windows Outlook. and transfer data between Outlook for Mac OS to Outlook for Windows.
To carry out this process you have to download the tool mentioned above which is one of the best tools to convert OLM files since it comes with a wide variety of extra features that make the whole process much more convenient.
Additional Features of the Tool
- Export Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and many more from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
- Ability to convert OLM files in batches.
- Ability to save Mac Outlook emails into PDF format with attachments for easier access on systems without Microsoft Outlook.
- OLM files can be converted into different formats like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, ICS, VCF, HTML, CSV, and PDF formats for easier compatibility with various software.
- Option to split large PST files into small parts to avoid various corruption issues.
- Using various filters selective data can be exported based on time (date filtration).
- Ability to maintain on disk-hierarchy even after exporting files.
- Supports OLM files created from Outlook 2011,2016,2019.
- Support to export contacts into different formats such as CSV and MSG.
Also read: Best Microsoft Teams Migration Checklist
Steps To Import OLM File Into Outlook For Windows
- Download the tool and install it and open it on your system
- Click on add file on the top left of the window and add your OLM file
- Click on Export and select the file format as PST.
- Select the items you want to export select a destination and click on export.
- Once exported open Outlook and go to files>open>import/export.
- Select “Import from another program or file” from the import and export wizard and click next.
- Select the option Outlook Data File (.pst) and select the converted file
- Check on items to import and click on finish
When the process gets completed OLM files will be imported into Outlook for Windows when the process gets over.
In this article, we have seen how to import OLM files into Outlook for Windows. We have discussed that since Microsoft doesn’t provide an inbuilt way to import OLM files in Outlook for Windows we have to use a 3rd party tool to convert OLM files to PST files so that they can import OLM files into Windows Outlook.