Metaverse – the virtual, persistent, interactive, and engaging environment is the latest technology innovation. What started as a simple concept is now snowballing, shaping the future of web3 development. Tech giants such as Facebook and Microsoft have invested time and money in blockchain technology. They believe it is the future. Tech enthusiasts are quickly learning metaverse blockchain and Web 3.0 technology because that is the only way to move forward in the technology vertical.
Popular metaverse platforms such as Sandbox and Decentraland are gaining immense popularity as virtual land sales have increased. It has crossed a whopping $500 million in 2021. Companies and brands compete to acquire or rent virtual land. This means that metaverse architects, engineers, and marketers will be in high demand in the new digital era.
What Is A Metaverse Blockchain?
In simple terms, the metaverse is the alternate digital universe where users can interact with each other using avatars. Virtual reality goggles provide an immersive experience in the metaverse. The COVID-19 pandemic, which restricted people from going out, has helped in the accelerated growth of the metaverse blockchain industry. The popularity and technical innovation took off when Facebook became Meta in 2021.
Metaverse isn’t fully mature yet. Video games in the metaverse allow players to participate in gaming events. The music industry is also beginning to use metaverse to distribute virtual tickets. The gaming world encourages participants to interact and engage in the metaverse using avatars.
Blockchain technology is the decentralised solution to execute cryptocurrency transactions. A wide variety of cryptocurrencies are mined on the blockchain network. Metaverse and cryptocurrencies are closely related. Metaverse deals with a digital economy that involves buying and selling virtual utility tokens and collectibles.
Properties Of Metaverse
Following are the essential properties of the metaverse:
- Live and synchronous: Metaverse provides a continuous living experience for everyone, similar to reality. Users can schedule events and determine the participants. However, the digital world will work synchronously with happenings going around, irrespective of the number of users.
- Persistent universe: Metaverse is not a gaming experience, even though metaverse games are available. Metaverse is live, and it never ends, pauses, or resets. Users from around the world can enter and exit the metaverse anytime. The universe will be available endlessly.
- Concurrent and individual experience: Multiple events/activities happen concurrently and simultaneously. Users are free to participate in any event or activity as long as they have the entry tokens. All the events continue to happen, and users can participate in the metaverse as long as they want.
- Functional economy: Metaverse economy is booming, and the sales of virtual lands continue to increase. Businesses and individuals can buy or rent land. A decentralised economy using blockchain transactions is the core of the metaverse that allows users to own, invest, buy, or sell properties in the metaverse. Decentralised Finance (DeFi) opens up new investment opportunities that incorporate both the physical and virtual worlds.
- Open to everyone: Metaverse welcomes contributors from individuals, businesses, and self-employed to make the universe profitable for everyone involved. Contributors fill the universe with experiences and content, making it interesting for the users.
- Unprecedented interoperability: Interoperability is a crucial focus for metaverse operations. The experiences, content, digital assets, currency, finance etc., should integrate well for maximum interoperability. Each entity in the metaverse has its rules, attributes, unique ID cards, currency, and much more while integrating and operating universes within the metaverse.
What Are Metaverse Platforms?
According to a global market study, the metaverse market will reach $42 billion by 2026. Experts are working towards a metaverse amalgamation of physical and virtual worlds. The metaverse provides a digital experience for users in real-time, very similar to real-life.
Metaverse blockchain offers two different platforms for business and pleasure. The business platform encourages start-ups in the metaverse using cryptocurrencies and Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs). The companies will focus on creating user experiences using Decentraland and Sandbox platforms.
More platforms are also in the development stage now. Another platform encourages users to participate in virtual worlds for enjoyment or pleasure using virtual avatars. All transactions in the metaverse are carried out through blockchain and using crypto wallets.
The metaverse gaming platform is trendy, allowing users to have realistic virtual experiences. The avatars gain importance now with the introduction of digital clothing and virtual trips. Users can purchase digital objects to decorate their avatars and purchase tokens and tickets to participate in live events. Virtual workrooms are also in the experimental stage, where users can interact with each other using avatars in the metaverse.
How Can Beginners Learn The Metaverse?
Blockchain education is mandatory for anyone who wants to experience the metaverse for profit. The booming industry has numerous opportunities to make money, but one must gain technical knowledge, communication abilities, and research skills. Free information is available everywhere, but finding the correct information is often tricky. Users can learn using blogs, youtube, Linkedin, etc. However, this is not sufficient to gain mastery of the metaverse.
Structured course material is now available online, enabling anyone interested in metaverse to learn the technicality. Following are some of the courses that can help anyone learn metaverse even if they don’t have any prior technical knowledge:
Udemy – Metaverse Masterclass
The Masterclass empowers learners with all the essential information about metaverse for a low cost. The general purpose class teaches the basics such as blockchain, NFTs, cryptocurrencies, and decentralised metaverse lands.
Web 3 – Blockchain Bootcamp
The Blockchain bootcamp is for programmers looking to learn metaverse-specific programming skills. The course teaches smart contracts, ethereum platforms, and building a decentralised app (dApp).
Coursera – Virtual Reality Specialisation
Those interested in virtual reality and the 3D world can benefit significantly from this course in learning about the various technologies to create immersive 3D worlds. It can help programmers to develop their projects and games in the VR environment.
Learn Roblox Studio
Roblox studio is created as a gaming platform, but many leading brands are using the Roblox platforms to deliver digital marketing content. Learning Roblox programming will help programmers to use creative skills to help business brands.
Skillshare – Introduction To Metaverse And How To Invest In It
This course educates investors and traders to use the metaverse platform to create a passive income. Expert instructors will teach about NFTs and investing in various metagaming coins, ETFs, stocks, and Web 3 technologies.
Career Opportunities In The Metaverse
Tech giants, leading business brands, and every notable business worldwide hire people for the metaverse market. The career opportunities and income generation opportunities in the metaverse are diversified. Companies are looking for ways to create innovative metaverse experiences which require programmers with hardware and software skills.
Investment opportunities and play-to-earn models are also increasing, allowing users to leverage the metaverse to earn money.
Some of the job roles gaining importance in the learn metaverse blockchain are:
- Research scientist who can provide actionable insights on virtual environments for leading brands.
- Ecosystem developer who can use hardware and software to build interconnected virtual spaces.
- Hardware builder who is responsible for delivering virtual experience using physical hardware.
- Metaverse cyber security experts who can mitigate risks and manage complicated cyber attacks.
- Metaverse planners who can help brands to adopt metaverse and add functionalists to the virtual environment.