QuickBooks Error H505 is a part of H errors, and usually, the H errors are bound to the hosting aspect of the QuickBooks. When a user incorrectly installs the QuickBooks software or fails to set up or host the QuickBooks application properly. The error comes in with a message that says, ‘This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.’ You can start by fixing the multi-user mode configuration, such as turning on the multi-user mode, and then try accessing the company file. If that doesn’t work, you can find some comprehended yet efficacious solutions below, along with a complete guide comprising the causes and the symptoms of this error.
Implement all the troubleshooting precisely and then restart the system. If you find this troubleshooting complex, you can call us at ‘1-855-856-0042 for immediate assistance and effective troubleshooting.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error H505
We have mentioned some probable triggering factors for this error that you can quickly and manually fix.
- The firewall is interrupting the compatibility of the QuickBooks software and the company file.
- The antivirus software obstructs access to the company file due to security reasons or incorrect configuration.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager cannot scan the files of QuickBooks.
- The setup of the QuickBooks software or the installation was faulty.
- The Network Descriptive file (.nd) may be either missing or damaged.
- QB application fails to trace the IP Address of the system.
- The QuickBooks DBXX service is not employing the Incorrect DNS settings.
It’s recommended to take a backup of the Company File and proceed with the troubleshooting. Ensure to update the Microsoft Windows and the QuickBooks software.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
Once you gain confirmation of the error’s presence via the signs, then, you can quickly implement the solutions. Find some valid characters below:
- You cannot use the multi-user mode despite that it is activated.
- QuickBooks software freezes or crashes every time you try to access it.
- Your workstation crashes repeatedly and is unresponsive to the commands.
- You can not open the company file or use any other component of QuickBooks.
Additionally, you also receive the error message followed by the description.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Solutions for the QuickBooks Error H505
One robust solution will unquestionably assist you in terminating the error effectively.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- This is an official certified tool presented by the QuickBooks authorities.
- You can go to the official website of ‘Intuit’ and search for the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- Set up the tool by following the instructions on the screen and then by accepting all the terms and conditions.
- Employ this tool by allowing it to detect the mechanical issue and solve the error automatically.
- Once the termination process gets completed, restart the system and then try opening the QuickBooks application again.
Effectively employ these steps to overcome the QuickBooks Error H505. If that doesn’t work, you can call the QuickBooks helpline at ‘1-855-856-0042’ to hire a QuickBooks professional who will effectively terminate the error.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 6210