QuickBooks helps users to perform various accounting operations. It has some advanced features that make accounting easy. Users can access all their financial data by opening the company file. While trying to access the file, users sometimes come across QuickBooks error 6189. Users get this 6000 series error followed by a message, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” The error restricts QuickBooks users from accessing the company file. In the further sections of the blog, we have discussed various causes and troubleshooting solutions to get rid of QuickBooks company file error 6189, so read carefully until the end.
Getting QuickBooks error 6189? Stop stressing out! Get connected with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by giving a call on our customer support number 1.855.738.2784
What are the major factors that prompt error 6189 in QuickBooks?
Here is the list of common causes that trigger the 6000 series error:
- The company file user tries to open in QuickBooks is damaged or in use by another user.
- QuickBooks company file is stored on a removable drive.
- The .nd and .tlg configuration files of QuickBooks that allow users to connect with the network are damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks has lost connectivity with the server computer and can’t access the file.
- Some other user is working on the same QuickBooks company file in single-user mode.
Most Reliable Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop error 6189
Method 1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and put Quick Fix my Program to use to fix error 6189
- Once all the company files are closed, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and open Intuit’s website on your browser.
- Download the setup file of the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to the Downloads folder for easy access.
- From the Downloads, open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install the tool hub on your workstation.
- Open the QB Tool Hub, choose Program Problems and click Quick Fix my Program.
- Restart QuickBooks and open your company file.
Method 2. Put QuickBooks Database Server Manager to use
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose Network Issues and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If not installed already, install QuickBooks on your server computer and then look for your company files in the server manager. If you can’t see the files, browse to the location of the company files.
- Once the server manager repairs the firewall, close the window and restart QuickBooks on the server as well as the workstations.
Method 3. Shift QuickBooks company file to local hard drive
- If your company files are stored on an external device, connect it to your workstation and open File Explorer.
- Open the external drive, copy the company file and save it to your desktop.
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key, then open QuickBooks
- Once the No Company Open screen appears, select the Open/Restore Company option.
This brings the blog to a finish. It has covered all the important information that will help you tackle QuickBooks error 6189. If you face any difficulties, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate assistance.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Outlook Email Not Working