Sometimes QB users cannot access the company file (.QBW) on their network despite operating the QB Desktop in multi-user mode. In such cases, a new error with the name ‘QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open’ shows up on the screen,and this issue often makes users extremely distressed.
Generally, this error pops up in those situations when the company file has already been launched on a separate workstation on the network.
Read this excellentblog to fully understand this technical issue and to get detailed resolutions.
If you are troubled by the QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open Error and want immediate assistance, just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Support Team.
QB Desktop Company File in Use Error: Prominent Causes
The QB Desktop Company File in Use Error mostly gets provoked due to the following factors:
- Erroneous hosting settings on the server, as well as workstations on your network, likely lead to this error each time you attempt to access the company file.
- Severe disruptions initiated by Windows Firewall can also prevent you from successfully accessing the .QBW file while using the multi-user mode in the QB application.
You must read this blog: QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer
How to Ensure Proper Rectification of the Company File in Use QuickBooks Error?
Resolutions that have been explained below can be used effectively to eliminate the Company File in Use QuickBooks Error:
Resolution 1: Appropriately set up the hosting settings on all the computers on your network for swift elimination of this technical issue
- Firstly, you have to launch the QB application on each workstation, and then you must proceed rapidly to click on the ‘Utilities’ tab situated under the ‘File’ menu on the screen.
- Now, you need to correctly locate the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ button, and you must strike on it to ensure that the multi-user mode is disabled on every workstation.
- Once you have configured hosting settings on each workstation on your network, you can swiftly proceed to the server computer, and then you must go to the ‘Utilities’ tab within the QB Desktop.
- To make sure that the multi-user mode is fully enabled on the server computer, you must quickly strike on the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option on the same window.
- After the hosting settings are properly set up on all the systems, you can easily access the required .QBW file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error PS077
Resolution 2: Fully remove this error by restarting the QB Database Service on the Server computer on the network
- To effectively restart the QB Database Service, you need to hit the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ buttons on your keyboard to launch the Task Manager on your screen.
- Once the Task Manager is fully open, you can choose the ‘QuickBooks DBXX’ (XX here mentions the version of the QB Desktop) located under the ‘Processes’ tab, and after that, you have to hit the ‘End Processes’ button to close this service.
- Finally, you need to exit the Task Manager quickly, and then you can easily access the .QBW file through the QB Desktop.
That was the whole process to get rid of the QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open error. For more assistance, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Error 1603