The Error Code in QuickBooks is an installation error that is triggered when the user tries to download or install the payroll-related update for their QuickBooks application. The possible cause for this error can be the incomplete download of the installation file, or you might have downloaded the corrupted file. Apart from that, many other causes can be there due to which users receive Error code 1722 in their QuickBooks application. Based on this, various troubleshooting measures can be taken in order to fix Error code 1722.
Here we are going to list all the possible causes that trigger Error Code in the QuickBooks application. Along with that, we will discuss some resolution methods which you can take to fix this error code. Read the article further to get more details on QuickBooks Error 1722.
Why Am I Receiving QuickBooks Error 1722?
Apart from the incomplete downloading of the update installation file, various other causes due to which Error code 1722 is triggered in the QuickBooks application. Some of them are listed below:
- The presence of any corrupted file in Windows can also interfere with the update installation.
- Viruses of malware can also interrupt the ongoing task in the system. Thus, it can be possible that they have restricted the QuickBooks update installation.
- You might have deleted any important file related to Quickbooks.
Various Indication that QuickBooks Error 1722 has been triggered in your system
Following things will happen in your system, which will indicate the occurrence of Error 1722 in Quickbooks. The foremost indications are the following messages:
- Error 1722: A Problem with the Window Installer Package.
- Error Code 1722: RPC Server Not found
Apart from that, you can detect Error Code 1722 from the following indications:
- The system is constantly crashing.
- Windows runs very slowly while running the QuickBooks application.
- The QuickBooks application starts and then shuts down immediately due to Error code 1722.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1722
Based on the cause due to which the user received QuickBooks Error 1722, specific troubleshooting measures can be taken. Below are some of them:
Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
This is the foremost method to fix any QuickBooks Error. The QuickBooks tool hub is the extension provided by Intuit in order to detect and fix various issues users face with their QuickBooks application. All you need to do is to download the Toolhub, for which the steps are listed below:
- Visit the official website of Intuit QuickBooks, where you can find the link to download the Tool Hub.
- Click on the link, which will automatically start the downloading process of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, navigate the downloaded file in the folder and double-click on it to initiate the installation process.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation has been completed, you need to close all other programs in your system.
- Double-click on the icon to launch the Tool hub. Wait for the program to detect the error and fix it.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The Install Diagnostic tool is a part of QuickBooks Accounting Services , which is used to detect all installation-related errors. In order to run the Install Diagnostic Tool, follow the given steps:
- Close all other applications and then run QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- There, you need to select the term “Installation Issues,” which will start the Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The program will take at least 20 minutes to run. Wait till the program detect the error and fix it.
- Once the scanning has been completed, then launch the QuickBooks again.
Check out any pending updates in your Windows.
Any remaining update in the system can also trigger 1722. Thus you need to check for any pending update steps, which are listed below:
- In your system, press the start button or type “Update” in the search box.
- Navigate the option “Window Update Settings” and then click on it.
- There, you can find the option “Check for Updates,” which will lead the system to check for any pending updates.
- In case any update is available, then it will be shown on the screen. Install the remaining update and then run the QuickBooks application.
Run System File Checker
This is the in-built utility of Windows in order to detect any corrupted files. Following the steps in order to utilize the system file checker:
- Press the start/window button in your system, where you need to type the command for the system file checker.
- Now press and hold Ctrl, Shift, and enter the key, after which a permission dialogue will appear on the screen.
- Afterward, click on the Yes button to confirm, after which a black box will appear on the screen.
- There, type the command SFC/scannow
- The system file checker will start running in the system in order to detect and fix any system bugs.
- Wait for the system to detect any error, which in this case is Error code 1722.
- Follow the further instruction in order to fix Error Code 1722.
Run an Antivirus Check on your System
One major cause of Error 1722 in your system is the presence of any malware or virus file in the system. To check for any malware file or virus, follow the given steps:
- In your system, type “Windows Security,” where you need to navigate the option virus and threat protection
- Now select the option “Quick Scan.”
- After the scan has been completed, go to the scan menu and select the option “Full Scan.”
Reinstall the Device Driver
first, you need to uninstall the device driver and then restart the system, after which the driver will be automatically installed in the system. Follow the given steps in order to uninstall the device driver:
- Open the device manager in your system.
- Now right-click on the device which you need to uninstall, and then select the option.
- After that, restart your system, which will automatically install the drivers.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks application.
Another method to fix installation Error 1722 is that you restore your system. For that, the steps are listed below:
In the search menu, type the system restore.
- On the new window, select the option System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- You need to have administrator-level privileges for a system restore option.
- After that, a restore wizard will appear on the screen where you need to follow the on-screen instruction carefully.
- Once the restoration has been completed, you can launch the QuickBooks application and then check for QuickBooks Error 1722.
Manually fix the Microsoft component related to executing QuickBooks Application
In case the QuickBooks ToolHub doesn’t work in fixing the Error code 1722, you need to fix them manually. Following are the Microsoft component which is required to execute the QuickBooks application in your system:
- Microsoft.NET framework.
- Microsoft MSXML.
Fix these components manually and then try to run the QuickBooks application.
Wrapping it Up
From the above discussion, we hope that now you can easily fix QuickBooks Error 1722. Based on the cause, you can take the specific to troubleshoot this error. Make sure your system is free from any malware file or other kind of threat in order to install the update properly. However, if you are still receiving QuickBooks Error 1722 in your system, you can connect to us through our QuickBooks Helpline number. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to provide any kind of assistance with QuickBooks. We also provide a live chat facility in order to provide you with instant assistance with the QuickBooks application.