QuickBooks is not limited to accounting and payroll. It allows users to communicate with clients and vendors via email. To use this feature, users need to integrate QuickBooks with Outlook as a primary email client. Sometimes, users start facing issues and get QuickBooks Outlook email not responding error. It usually happens when the Outlook installation is damaged or an email configuration file is corrupted. Continue reading the advisory blog to get detailed information on Outlook QuickBooks error and solutions to fix it.
If you are unable to send email due to QuickBooks Outlook email not responding error and wondering how to fix it, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals for assistance
Reasons why Outlook freezes when sending emails from QuickBooks
Here are some common causes that trigger email error in QuickBooks:
- There is some damage to QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook.
- Email preferences are not configured correctly in QuickBooks and Windows.
- Outlook is not compatible with the QuickBooks version you are using.
- The MAPI32.dll email configuration file is damaged or corrupted.
- Installation of QuickBooks and Outlook is not completed properly.
- Misconfigured email settings in QuickBooks and the workstation.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Unable To Open Company File
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Outlook freezes when sending email error
Solution 1. Reset QuickBooks admin privileges
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Start menu and locate the QuickBooks icon.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon, select the Open file location option, and wait till the folder opens.
- From there, look for the QuickBooks.exe file, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, click to uncheck the Run this program as Administrator option. If the option is greyed out, choose Show Settings for all users.
- Once the option is available, select it and click Apply.
Solution 2. Change email preferences in QuickBooks to resolve Outlook error
- Within QuickBooks Desktop, select the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Before you proceed, open and sign in to Outlook.
- From the menu, click Send Forms and then click the My Preferences tab.
- Choose Outlook as your email option and click OK.
- Now, try to send a test email from QuickBooks. If the error appears, change your preferences.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences and click Send Forms.
- Under the My Preferences tab, choose QuickBooks E-mail or Webmail and click OK.
- Move to the My Preferences tab, choose Outlook and click OK.
- Quit QuickBooks, close all other open applications and restart your workstation.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6190 77
Solution 3. Review email preferences in Internet Explorer
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop, open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu.
- From the Settings menu, choose Internet options and click the Programs tab.
- Then, select Set Programs and Set your default programs. Choose the email service you want to use and click Apply.
- Save the settings, close the Internet Explorer window and reopen QuickBooks.
We have tried our best to help you resolve the QuickBooks Outlook email not responding error. If none of the above-discussed solutions help you fix the issue, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 for immediate and effective assistance.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Printing Problems