Rishikesh is a religious and adventurous city in India. It is the land of sages with an essence of the true culture of the country. Rishikesh is the town of Uttarakhand state of north India. This town is famous for its Ganga ghats and yoga centres. This town is situated in the hillocks of the Himalayas, making it the gateway to major religious centres of Uttarakhand.
Rishikesh has a feeling of peace in its environment. It is said that a deep dive into the holy river Ganga leads your way to Moksha. Sages come here for meditating on the banks of the river Ganga. It is a colourful town filled with various colours of modern and traditional lifestyles. Tourist from across the world comes here for enjoying the spiritual and adventurous environment of the town.
Adventures in Rishikesh
The town is not only famous for its religious value and culture of India. But also, for more, it’s unlimited adventure sports. Here you can have the most amazing experiences of life. It is a compulsory thing to dip in the river Ganga, then what about making this dip the most rememberable dip of your life? Rafting is the way to that rememberable dip here.
Rishikesh is the hub of exciting adventure sports like river rafting, skydiving, campaigning, waterfall trekking, and so on. Here you can find unlimited adventures at very reasonable prices as well as with all the safety and security measures. Well-trained adventure trainers are appointed to the adventure spots for training and guide the people there.
- River Rafting :- it is the most famous as well as the thrilling adventure of Rishikesh. Adventure junkies of the world come here for experiencing the exciting twists and turns of river Ganga. Shivpuri is a famous spot for rafting in Rishikesh.
- Cliff Jumping :- diving in the cold water of river Ganga from the height of approximately 35 – 40 ft., is the most hilarious thing ever. In cliff jumping you can jump from the high points into the river will freeze your mind and body for a few seconds and will give you the most surprising moments ever.
- Trekking :- it is the best activity a nature lover can do here. Trekking in the lusty green hills of Rishikesh while exploring the exotic wildlife and flora on the trek ways, provides a beautiful experience. These are the paradise for nature lovers and photographers.
Best time to visit
Most people visit Rishikesh from September to March. As in these months, the ways to Char Dham Yatra open for the people to reach the must-visit destinations of India. At this time weather here is cold and refreshing. The chilling winds of the Himalayas spread freshness in the air along with the fragrance of spirituality. During these months the weather is also favourable for all kinds of adventures in the town. Tourists can enjoy any kind of adventure in these months. Not only during this time period but the whole year. As Rishikesh is a full-year destination.
The town is full of tourist attractions. Here you can find numerous temples, ghats, yoga centres, religious centres, remarked points and many more.
- Lakshman Jhula :- This is a bridge made over the river Ganga for reaching Rishikesh from Haridwar. This is a 450 ft high bridge made in honour of Shri Lakshman brother of Lord Rama of Ramayana. Earlier it was a footbridge with to transport things from one end to another.
- Beatles Ashram :- it is a yoga centre of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. It got famous in the 60s after the visit of a rock band The Beatles of England. They came here to find peace and study the spiritual values of India. Their fans visit this place for enjoying its tranquillity and meditating here for some time.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple :- this is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is a must to visit the pilgrimage of India and people visit here once in their life. It is at a distance of 30 km from the main town of Rishikesh. Tourists first take a dip in the holy river gang and then visit the temple.
- Triveni Ghat :- This Ganga ghat is famous for its evening aarti. Tourists and locals gather here for worshiping and thanking the goddess, Ganga. This is the most beautiful time in Rishikesh to witness the blend of people from different cultures in the same place with the same state of mind.
It can be said that, Rishikesh – the true essence of India. This is a city with a proper mixture of Indian culture and traditions. Also, a nationwide adventure destination. Hence, it can be concluded that Rishikesh is a destination of thrill in silence. If you want to experience excitement along with calmness then Rishikesh is for you. You should visit here for once in your life and have the never forgetting experience.
If you want to get more information, then stay updated with jpostings.com