QuickBooks provides its users multiple benefits and a safe platform for their company files. However, users often face QuickBooks error 6000 80 while trying to access or perform certain functions on their company files. Such an error could be annoying and persistent and thus must be fixed at the earliest. It generally happens due to some damage to the company files, lack of admin privileges, and incorrect hosting settings. To fix this error, users can try running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool or opening or restoring company files from the local drive of their computer. With this article, you will learn about the ways you can fix this error efficiently, so make sure to go through it until the very end.
Need immediate help fixing the QB error code 6000 80? Give us a call at 1.855.738.2784 to talk to our technical experts.
What are some instances when QuickBooks Error code 6000 80 might appear?
Some instances when you might face QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80 include:-
- The company file might not be stored on the local drive of your computer.
- Your QuickBooks company files might have undergone some corruption.
- The hosting settings on your server computer or your workstations might be incorrect.
- Your windows firewall settings might restrict QuickBooks from accessing company files.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Fixing 6000 80 in QuickBooks with these tested methods
Following are some tested methods you can use to fix the 6000 80 in QuickBooks:-
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool present in the QuickBooks Tool hub to repair damaged company files.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to repair damaged company files using the QuickBooks file doctor tool:-
- On your computer, head to the official website of Intuit and get the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub from there.
- Save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to a convenient location after installing it.
- Now open the tool hub and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool from there to repair company files.
- After running the tool, reboot your system and check for error rectification.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Open or restore company files after copying them to the local drive of your computer.
The 6000 80 error might occur if you are opening or restoring your company files that are not locally stored on your computer. So, implement the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue:-
- If your company file is located on any other computer on the network or in the cloud storage, copy it to the local drive of your computer.
- Now open QuickBooks and access your company files from your local drive.
- If you are trying to restore company files, restore them from the local drive after Clicking on open or restore company from the file menu of QuickBooks.
These are the tested methods to fix QuickBooks error 6000 80. Additionally, you might also review the settings of your windows firewall security to make sure that it does not block QuickBooks access to company files and check the hosting settings of your server computer and all the workstations. If the error persists, call us immediately at 1.855.738.2784 to get in touch with our Technical Support team.
You may also read these blogs –