QuickBooks is a versatile accounting application that caters all business needs of small and medium-sized businesses. But, the occurrence of some technical glitches makes it hard for the users to operate QuickBooks. In this blog, we will discuss about one such issue known as QuickBooks error 1402. The error usually arises while installing the QuickBooks Desktop update. Follow the blog until the end to gain more knowledge on QuickBooks installation error 1402.
If you require immediate troubleshooting assistance to deal with QuickBooks error 1404, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by giving a call on our helpline number 1-855-856-0042
What are the primary reasons behind error 1402 in QuickBooks?
Below is the list of major causes that trigger error 1402:
- Some QuickBooks installation files are missing from the directory.
- Windows components such as MSXML and .NET Framework required for QuickBooks installation are damaged.
- Applications running in the background interrupt QuickBooks while downloading the update.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 103
Effective Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop error 1402
Solution 1. Reset the Windows registry settings
- Tap the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window and type regedit in the Run box.
- Press the Enter key and create a backup of the registry before you make any changes.
- Select the File menu, click Export and give a name to the backup file.
- Save the file to your desktop, move to the left side panel in the Windows registry and go to the Edit section.
- Select Permissions, move to the Advanced tab and click Add.
- Choose Everyone for each object name, click OK and mark the Full Control option.
- Once done, close the registry editor and try to install the QuickBooks update again.
Solution 2. Fix install errors by running the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Make sure all open company files are closed when you exit QuickBooks and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from Intuit’s website.
- Save the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to an easily approachable location like Windows Desktop.
- Go to the desktop, open the file and follow the steps that prompt on the screen.
- Click the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking the icon on your desktop and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run to resolve install errors.
Really useful to learn: quickbooks proadvisors
Solution 3. Fix issues related to Microsoft .NET by repairing
- Open Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, then click Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
- Choose Uninstall/Change, select Repair and then Next.
- Follow the steps you see on the screen to complete the repair and restart your system.
We hope you’ll be able to resolve QuickBooks error 1402 after following the troubleshooting solutions discussed above. However, due to any reason the error continues, give a call on our customer support number 1-855-856-0042 and get direct support for resolving the issue from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 1603