If you are missing a single tooth or need multiple teeth replaced, dental implants are one of the best replacement solutions available. Whether you need a single tooth replace, or multiple implants to support a bridge or full fixed denture, these are highly recommend as a safe, long-term solution for tooth replacement. They are design to provide replacement teeth that function like your natural teeth, looking and feeling similar to your natural teeth. Patients who have lost teeth or have bad teeth can regain the ability to eat their favorite foods again and chew with confidence. Patients with dental implants perform at our office will be able to smile with pride knowing that their new teeth look and function like healthy, natural teeth. The Drs. Barber and Springer are trust experts in dental implant placement.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
They are a three-part dental restoration option consisting of a biocompatible, medical-grade titanium post (also known as a post), which is insert into the jawbone to replace the root of the missing tooth, a custom-made prosthetic crown, and a connector piece called an abutment that firmly connects the implant post to the crown. Unlike removable dentures and fixed bridges, implant posts are permanently anchore in the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, which provides a solid foundation for a custom-made prosthetic tooth.
The three parts are:
- The bolt (or post). Dental implants use a medical grade titanium post that is surgically insert into the bone below the gums to provide a permanent substitute root on which the new crown is place.
- The prosthetic crown. The crown is made by a restorative dentist to look just like your natural tooth and blend seamlessly with the rest of the teeth in your mouth. Crowns are usually make of durable porcelain.
- The pillar. This piece connects your custom crown to the post so tooth replacement is completely safe.
WILL I BE A CANDIDATE FOR THIS PROCEDURE?
In determining whether or not you are a candidate, several factors must be considered. During your initial consultation, our practice’s experienced oral surgeons will perform a comprehensive oral exam, review your medical history, and take x-rays to determine if you are a candidate. For new teeth to take hold successfully, candidates must have adequate bone density and have a strong immune system for the healing process. In all cases, successful dental implants require that you maintain excellent oral hygiene. Some implants fail because patients do not practice good oral hygiene after the procedure, including flossing and brushing. Also, regular cleanings by a dental professional should ensure the success of your new tooth or teeth. You should treat your implants with the same care as your natural teeth.
Your oral surgeon may determine that you need an additional procedure, such as bone grafting, to achieve successful placement of dental implants. Our oral surgeons are highly trained in bone grafting procedures and will develop a treatment plan based on your particular oral health conditions. See our section on bone grafting (below) to learn more about this innovative treatment that opens the door to dental implants for people who have lost bone density in their jaw.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Patients who undergo a dental implant procedure find that dental restoration offers a variety of benefits not offered by other forms of dental restoration. If you are considering alternative options such as removable partial dentures, fixed bridges or full arch dentures, you should consider this permanent and healthy solution for tooth replacement.
Implants are the ideal answer for trade teeth for the accompanying reasons:
- More prominent soundness. Dissimilar to conventional false teeth and extensions, they are forever combine to the jawbone, very much like normal teeth. There are no badly design and unattractive removable parts.
- Worked on oral wellbeing. At the point when set, the jawbone wires with the post, forestalling future bone crumbling inside the jawbone because of missing teeth or high level periodontal illness (gum sickness). Moreover, the drawn out progress of this arrangement doesn’t need that any solid adjoining teeth become worn or harmed, not at all like different reclamations that need help from neighboring teeth to convey the heap of an extension.
- The capacity to eat anything you desire. With conventional tooth misfortune arrangements like removable false teeth, eating can be awkward and, surprisingly, humiliating. Interestingly, this substitution arrangement works like sound normal teeth.
- A lovely new grin and better facial feel. Since they capability in your mouth very much like regular teeth, invigorating your jawbone with each biting chomp, your jaw and facial design are keep up with for a characteristic, solid, and energetic appearance.
Our trusted practice with expert oral surgeons specializes in dental implant surgery. The comfortable and friendly office environment reflects a commitment to providing each patient with the highest level of care. We believe that a well-informed patient will be more comfortable prior to their procedures, so any questions you may have are always welcome. Call our office if you would like more information about dental implants or if you would like to schedule your consultation with one of our surgeons.